7.10.2008

Tony Shalhoub as Bennett

Ever have a moment in life, where you stop and say, "Now this would be a good scene in a movie?"

I noticed those moments usually happen during times when:

a) the television is not on.
b) i am at wal-mart.

i think Wal-Mart would be an excellent place for a movie scene, at least if it were a movie about me. If it were about me, the turning point of the film would be there. I would have some great revelation that would provide the solution to a great problem I was in the middle of while looking at different kinds of masking tape. Then a song by Penguin Cafe Orchestra would play as I heroically run out of the store through the parking lot and off somewhere to save the day. I would be wearing a brown shirt, with my brown converse sneakers and blue jeans. My part would be played by Tony Shalhoub.

But anyway, enough with that hypothetical situation. The moral I learn from the previous revelation about television is this:

If most of a person's spare time is spent watching TV, then his or her life will probably not be inspirational enough for anyone to want to make a movie about it. And everyone lives expecting to have a movie made about their life.

Because that is our generation's idea of immortality.

1 comment:

Daniel Coutz said...

I had to look up who Tony Shalhoub was, but I like him a lot. I just didn't know his name. I think all the people I would want to play me are dead.