7.13.2008

protecting crunches and protecting from crunches

I ate cereal for breakfast yesterday at about 12:00 or so. It was a really good cereal, Muffintops that I got from Wal-mart in Marietta for 50 cents. AMAZING DEAL!




Well, yesterday they got soggy fast. Man, that's frustrating.



But it turns out someone else was frustrated in the same way I was. Take a look at something that received its U.S. patent in 1991:


It's called a "Crunch Protector." You keep the dry cereal separated from the milk until you are ready to eat it. You fill the base (21) with sand to counter the weight correctly so it doesn't tip. I'm not kidding, this is really patented.


It really doesn't look that convenient to me. I wondered how much such a contraption would cost someone. I looked it up online several places. Did not find the crunch protector (seems like something I could find at Ollie's though). But I did find this on Google:

This dome has arched crossbars sturdy enough to support an adult's weight. It's called the "Baby Cage." This lets baby sleep in bed with mommy and daddy without the risk of being crushed. This just seems like a terrible idea to me. I looked up to see if this was purchasable either.


This is the closest thing I found:




What a wonderful thing the internet is.

7 comments:

Joel said...

I would like the crunch protector. We should make one. but make it usable.

Daniel Coutz said...

I'm going to purchase the cage thing for my kids. I mean who really wants their kids running around and stuff.

Bennett said...

LOL, I think I'll have you babsyit my kids later on in life, Daniel.

Daniel Coutz said...

Thanks that'd be sweet. I would probably give them terrible things to do to you in my place.

Anonymous said...

I fixed my blog for you.


And... I'll babysit. Cage-free. I know that doesn't sound too exciting, but I save you a ton of money on psychiatrists for your emotionally scarred offspring.

J.S. said...

Bennett. Stop. Your blog is humorous and honest. Stop. Keep writing those things in your brain. Stop. You are so full of good things. Stop. Don't be to down on yourself about those things you feel "inadequate" about. Stop. I love you. Stop.

Brian Miller said...

hmmm... what a delightful post.

i think i shall frequent your blog.