7.20.2008

"You have a rainbow in your mouth, open it for the world!"

I become more satisfied.

Then I turn around and become even less satisfied.

And then I find things to be satisfied about.

Yet, I am still unsatisfied.

I have discovered the paradox of being completely satisfied yet unsatisfied at the same time.

And I know what to do. I keep going. I keep walking on the water. When the winds and waves throw themselves at me I keep going.

Even though I can't see what is coming.

And I really want to know what is coming.

But I have something in myself and I need to figure out how to make the best of it. Tonight on "King of the Hill," Bill was trying to convince Kahn to return to his karaoke singing, and he said "You have a rainbow in your mouth, open it for the world."

What is the best way I can do this? And why do I keep asking myself questions I know the answers to?

I guess sometimes I get the illusion that if I didn't know the answers, then I wouldn't be so bothered...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.
-Melanie

Daniel Coutz said...

Ah the wisdom of King of the Hill

Joel said...

The terrible paradox of contentment. Such a beautiful terror that drives us on.

One way that I handle it is by expecting less, so that I am satisfied with what I have. I look forward to the future, but not in the sense of ignoring my present.

But it's human to want more. You can never have enough. It's how we are made. Only completely resting in God can fulfill us. But it's hard to do that. It's hard to give everything to God.